Tuesday, March 31, 2009

proud

WRESTLING...
I am so PROUD of Avery! This past weekend, he wrestled in Kearney's Midwest Classic National wrestling tournament. He placed 2nd out of a 22 person bracket in the 6 and under 43 lb weight class. Jim, myself, Vinny, Avery, and Jim's parents traveled to Kearney with several of his team mates for the tournament. We sure did have fun.
Last year Avery placed 1st in 6 and under 40lbs and received an "Outstanding Wrestler" award!
When Jim first got Avery into wrestling, I did not pay much attention to the sport or participate much in going to practices and tournaments. As I have learned about wrestling and what it has to offer, I fell in LOVE with it. I do have to say that I get very STRESSED out when watching the matches. Wrestling is so different than other team sports! It is you and your opponent. If you mess up or are not having a "good day", you can not fall back on your team mates!
I feel that wrestling has provided Avery with many life lessons; dedication, sportsmanship, strong friendships, control, self confidence, and many more!
Midwest Classic 2008

1st place 2008

Outstanding Wrestler award 2008

2nd place 2009

I am so proud of him!

Proud grandparents!

Showing his trophy to his Grandpa Jim and Grandma Rosie

Avery, Alex, Ryan, and Chris

So happy!

3 comments:

  1. that is so cool! i know how proud you must be of your guy! he looks pretty proud of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great!

    My brother wrestled, and I have to say, my mom was NEVER more nervous than during his matches. NEVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci,

    What's great about Avery is that he is such a great teammate and friend. I know that because of his enthusiasm and support, Alex has become a great wrestler. Thank you to you and your family for being so good to our Lil Alex!

    ReplyDelete