Saturday, July 25, 2009

sucked into summer

Where does time go? I can't believe school is almost ready to start! Only a few more weeks left! We have been busy doing the usual summer stuff...

We have had lots of birthdays to celebrate!

We have been going to the swimming pool and water park...

Everyone is doing great! Frankie is finally almost (90%) potty trained.

Vinny is growing like a weed...he has been a little turd with eating though. He doesn't like to sit in his "feeder" seat anymore...when I put him in there he will buck and arch to get out...baby food is not his favorite...I find myself singing, dancing, and pulling out all of the stops just to get a few bites down him. He does like to eat his "puffs" (no nutritional value at all) and eat food out of his feeder net...

Vinny goes for his 3rd ABR or behavioral sound booth screen on Monday. I hope we don't have to do the sedated ABR and that he will cooperate with the sound booth.

I am proud of him for getting a little better with his sitting. He will now sit up to one minute at a time. My niece has been spending the day over at our house a lot this summer and has loved doing "therapy" with Vinny.

Frankie is crazy as usual. He has been talking non stop. This morning he was going around to all of the kids telling them that he "needed to check their G tubes in their backs". Maybe we have been talking about G tubes to much in our house???

Avery has been wanting to help do yard work...so Jim has been letting him help some. He can only hold onto the weed whacker for a few min. before it gets to heavy.


Cyndey, Jim's daughter has been staying with us for the past few weeks. It has been great to have her around to get to know her brothers. She is a big help and just loves the boys! At times, I think she thinks we are a little crazy and loud.

I hope everyone is having a great summer!

1 comment:

  1. Vinny looks so cute in his glasses!!

    What are you using for a feeder seat? We're using a bumbo but I feel like that's going to be trouble eventually as she gets bigger. And what's a feeder "net"? The tray that comes with the bumbo is a PAIN, so i'm totally fishing for other suggestions, here! :) Glad he's thriving, though. I keep telling myself with our feeding roller coaster with Emma that really, at least we can feed her, right? I thank God for the tube, at least she's not going to starve!

    And that last %10 of potty training .... yeah, totally hear you on that one, too! oh, well, we keep plugging on, right? :)

    Glad you're having a good summer

    ReplyDelete