Thursday, January 13, 2011

gomboo


It has reared its ugly head in our house again! Well actually it has been around for the past month or so...
I have been doing my best to keep it away from my littlest!

 
Hand washing...

 
Purell...

 
"No touching"...

 
"Kisses on the head only please!"...

 
"Don't touch his hands"...

 
"Cough in your arm not your hands"...

 
Lysol...


It officially has been through all of my boys now! The damn "gomboo" has hit my Vinners the hardest!!!




It takes a lot to knock this little guy down...

He has such a high pain tolerance...

He will sleep anywhere (like on the counter with the boys screaming and running around)...

No fever, just lots and lots of puke! I am NOT kidding a TON of it!

Anything that goes into his mouth or belly (through g tube) comes out almost immediately!

Day and night...

Let's just say my washing machine has been running pretty much non stop the last few days.

No giggles, no belly laughs, no smiles!

Just lots of cuddles and snuggles!

I finally decided to take him in to our fabulous pediatrician!

Vinners has a raging ear infection and the blasted damn stomach gomboo that everyone else has had!

When Vinny gets sick it seems like it is ten times worse than the other boys...

I worry about dehydration, calorie and weight loss...

He did actually lose a pound which is major for CdLS kiddos!

My stess level and worries go crazy! I can't think straight, problem solve (Pedialyte, stopping oral feeds, etc...). But I guess that is what doctors are for?

I left the docs office with a hand written menu of a specific regimen to follow with Pedialyte, formula, and foods for the next three days (thank you Dr D)!

Poor Vinners left the docs office with an ear full of ear drops, a shot of antibiotic in the leg, and an enema up the wazoo and a prescription for an oral antibiotic!

I know it was only a matter of time for the "gomboo" to hit our house...especially this time of year!

If you have a few extra seconds, please pray for all of Vinny's CdLS friends! It seems like so many of these little one's are getting sick right now!

I look forward to the smiles, giggles, and belly laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment