Saturday, January 24, 2009

sunshine

"You Are My Sunshine. My only sunshine.

You make me happy when skies are grey.

You'll never know, Vinny, how much I love you.

Please don't take my sunshine away."


This is a song that I frequently sing to all of my boys. My grandma use to sing it to me all the time throughout the years. When I moved to Utah, she used to call and sing this song to me over the answering machine when I wasn't home. What I wouldn't give for that now. Anyway I was looking through one of my drawers and found a magnet that my "Grams" gave me years ago that sings "You are my sunshine" when you push the button. Believe it or not it still works.

I will forever think of her when I hear this song. Hopefully as my boys get older, they will think of me when they hear it. Maybe they will even sing it to their children and grandchildren some day???


No comments:

Post a Comment